Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here we go

Car spits, and sputters under heavy and low loads cuts in and out, I changed the rotor, cap, plugs, wires, 02 sensors, coil, unhooking the 6AL checked mass air, both hairs are intact, I took to shop, ran codes, came up with "EGO lean" thats it, nothign else So we checked for vacum leaks, then pulled the EGR off to see if it was stuck open (his idea) it wasn't . I call Granitelli and asked them, they said that it is not the mass air, it would throw a code other than that. Im running a pms system (I tried unhooking the PMS didnt help) it is showign the 02 reading very lean, like 7 and 3 when I put it under a med load it seems to run fine with a small cut out. All this happened after having a small nitrous pop, wouldnt call it a backfire, as it didnt really boom off, just sounded like a slight pop. I know it cant be anything internal b/c it's a slight miss and not a dead cylander miss. Please help, anymore info please just ask. What can cause this??

Thank You

·
Registered
342 Posts
sounds like you hurt a gasket somewhere, I had a problem at the intake (port to port leak).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts