Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to get some springs that would help my car to not look like a 4x4 anywhere. but i don't want something that is so stiff that it will affect my times or street driving to bad. Should i get adjustable shocks and struts show that I could set the car different for street driving and when I go to the track. What kind of springs and struts/shocks are the best for all around driving on the street and the once a month trip to the track? Ijust want something that looks good but is no so stiff that it will not knoxk my teeth out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I'm happy with my Ford Bullitt springs. The car looks better, but the ride is just like stock.

·
Registered
214 Posts
personally, I would go with the eibach pro-kit. they get rid of the 4x4 look but do not slam the car...if you're looking for that look then you will not get such a smooth ride. everytime my friend rode in my car(he has fms "c" springs, same car) he said my car rode a lot smoother. after riding in his car several times I could see the difference...huge difference. g/l with what you choose

Chad

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had the "C" spring on my '87 GT and they do give a very harsh ride. I'm not looking for my car to be slammed but just to look more aggressive without giving up to much of the factory ride.

·
Registered
998 Posts
might wanna look into some double adj UCAs to adj your pinon angle and might wanna also look into the bump steer kit for that thing just some advice

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have the FMS B springs and like them. For the driving I do they handle better than stock and ride the same. They are cheaper than the others and give you some much needed lowering :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
I run the Pro-kit and am very happy with them. The sportline kit will give more of a drop. I run the racecraft setup, and it is a very expensive (I got mine free through insurance, but thats another topic), but it is a well balanced setup. It has almost 0 body roll and I still run 1.6 60ft times at the track.
Hope that helps

Dave

·
Registered
527 Posts
You could just trim down you stock springs a little. I have been running the FMS C springs for almost two years now, and I got tired of getting zero weight transfer at the 1/4 mile. I really don't think the ride is bad at all, but the roads around me are pretty nice. The other night I decided that I was going to cut down the stock springs (just the front for now -> rears are still the C's) by one coil. I figured out that it would give me about the same drop, but decrease the spring rate as compared to the C springs. The spring rate is some where btween the C's and stock. It looks good, just about 0.5" higher in the front than with the C's, and rides good. It evened the car out a lot. The C's make the car very low in the fron. Still stiffer than stock, but not as stiff as the C's. I think it work out perfect for me, that is until I get the new k member and coil overs. A lot of people say that cutting springs is bad, but that is for the most part that is bull. As long as you don't cut more than about 1 coil off the spring than it will be fine. Note that cutting off a coil will increase the overall spring rate of the spring.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts