Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been having trouble for about a month now I keep getting the same code 212(Ignition module circuit failure/SPOUT circuit grounded).I went ahead and changed my ignition module and bought an msd coil. The car still runs the same way it did before.The car misfires and runs bad until it gets warm the car then starts to run a little better, but not much. I've asked eveyone I know and no one else has had this problem. I've been on numerous forums and I haven't got to the root of the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Did you replace the PIP? Also known as the stator? It is the pickup that is inside the distributor.

Search for PIP.

Code 212 leads me to think this is not a Fox bodied car so I cannot tell you much about it but the PIP could be a lead for you.

Casey

·
Registered
398 Posts
I am not trying to pull posts back from the dead but I am pulling the 212 Code Which is the the SPOUT circuit grounded and I have replaced the Ignition Module and no better. Still getting code. I saw that this post had similar problems but never said if they found the problem and fixed it or not. I am hoping someone found the fix. Thanks for reading this. As you could figure out I have a 1994 Cobra.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've been having trouble for about a month now I keep getting the same code 212(Ignition module circuit failure/SPOUT circuit grounded).I went ahead and changed my ignition module and bought an msd coil. The car still runs the same way it did before.The car misfires and runs bad until it gets warm the car then starts to run a little better, but not much. I've asked eveyone I know and no one else has had this problem. I've been on numerous forums and I haven't got to the root of the problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Im not having the same issue but im getting the same code, as well as code 189. Since you replaced the ignition coil, which I'm actually buying a new MSD one as well. It could be the plug to the distributor that comes from the wire harness under the upper intake, mine is all cracked and brittle from heat and missing some prongs. I haven't replaced it yet because I can't find one anywhere, parts stores don't carry it and couldn't find one at 2 different junk yards. Im not sure if that's what your problem is but I suggest checking it. I hope you figure out what it is, electrical **** is madness.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts