Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought used cobra crank from seller, part was promised to be good, had part checked out at machine shop and found that part was not useable. Part was not damaged in shipping. It was worn out while in an engine. There was excessive wear to #1 rod journal due a spun bearing or something which was not mentioned during sale. We could not come to an agreement so the matter went to claims though Paypal. Paypal would not help at all. Siteing that it was a color or fitment type issue. Now seller is unwilling to give any refund or return my emails.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
"We could not come to an agreement so the matter went to claims though Paypal".

Details on this comment? What did you guys try to work out? Link to thread and why no feedback score left on your behalf?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
We couldnt come to an agreement as far as a refund. I felt it was fair to get the amount I paid for it back. He felt $100 less was fair. And I didnt mention that he went back to the seller he bought it from and got $100 in compensation. I bought the item using paypal. We could not come to an agreement through paypal either. So it went to their claims dept at paypal. But they saw it as a fittment, wrong color type issue and dropped it.

http://forums.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1237142

We only used PMs to communicate though.

I left feedback for him.. I havent recieved any feedback from anyone, buyer or seller. I also waited a month after losing contact with seller to make sure he just wasnt having problems on his end. Although his profile says he was online today.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
No feedback is showing up under his score, do that! I do not see any reason he should not refund you the full price, every penny.[based on your side] Stay on him and his threads. Post this link

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks fiveohpoepoe I appreciate that. I dont know why he only has (0) feedback. I guess because he has one positive and one negative. If you look at his profile you will see that I did leave feedback though.
I'm just trying to get my 10K mile GT back on the road again. The wife and I both have been layed off for over a year now. So I've had to beg, borrow and steal my way to this point. Otherwise I would never have bothered with used parts. You would think for $300 I could get a good crank.
Thanks again brother!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts