Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to try something different and am thinking about getting a set of SpinTech ProStreet mufflers.... I already have a BBK H pipe... how will these mufflers sound with a H or do I really need an X???? if So i am going to buy just an X section and weld into my H pipe along with my catco hi-flow cats.....

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have the Spintech "Pro-Shootout" mufflers with Dr Gas X-pipe and it is pretty loud (~105 db), but has a unique sound, unlike any other muffler I've heard. Sounds good idling in my garage, with neighbors driving by giving dirty looks. hahaha
I've read that these spintech's flow better than any other chambered muffler, but I have yet to see data proving this. So, I'll be trying a straight through muffler next.

Andy

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just recently installed a set of the Sportsman XL street mufflers, and I am "in love." I've been hot rodding for years and for the longest time I was pretty well a Flowmaster fan, not for turbo set-ups but for N/A or blown. Flows sounds awesome but they have one major drawback, that damn drone in the car, I can't stand it. I think everything else sounds like a glasspack. Well, the Spintech's sound raspy at idle, kinda steely and well frankly, I havent played the radio in a week. The guys there, Ron and Dave, well, they have impressed me with their resolve and their business manners. My set-up was custome pipe wise but they stuck with it and I stuck with them, and IT WAS WORTH IT. No drone, sound awesome at any load or speed. So if you can't tell by now, I think you should try a set.

Antony

·
Registered
252 Posts
Pur Pony, if I were you, try the Sportsman series muffler. It's street series muffler and not as loud as Andy's pro series. Try them with your H-pipe. Spintech likes the use of their mufflers with X-pipes. If you try both and put them on the dyno, I would be interested in any differences that may occur.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the rply guys.....

my reason for going with the ProStreet mufflers is I hav a friend who bought them and now cant use them... and is willing to give me a great deal.

I have had my eye on the sportsmans for a while though.

antonymooreus I too love the sound of flowmasters but am getting sick of te drone like everyone else..... I figured i would check these out and try them since not to mnay people i know of have them...... How loud are your sportsmans compared to a 2 or 3 chamber Flowmaster????????????????????????????????

LX4Play How loud are your mufflers compaired to a 2 chamber flowmaster... or are they more like 1 chamber???
And what isthe differene in yor mufflers then the PROSTREET ones???

thanks again

·
Registered
252 Posts
The sportsman mufflers are the equivalent to the Flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers in terms of sound levels. A rule of thumb I go by is...... The smaller the muffler case, the louder it will be. The Sportsman mufflers have relatively the same case size as the Flowmaster 2 chambers. Just my $.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts