Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF U HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THE MUFFLERS OR A SOUND CLIP. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR A SET WITH AN F CAM. I AM GETTING READY TO BUY A SET AND WANT TO KNOW WHICH ONE IS THE BADDEST.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
In a muffler shootout done by "i think" mm&ff spintechs actually made about 1-2hp less than others....but the sound makes up for it without a doubt....

http://www.87gt.com/muffler/ <-- If you are good at reading blurry pics.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
heh...get the pro streets ONLY if you have cats. Pro streets without cats would be absurd.

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
LOL...I hear ya there...

If I had it my way I would run pro streets but the local doughnuts have a problem with that...

I hate authority!! I hate authority!! I hate authority!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
im in ms and the cops dont say nothin. they ask " man what do you have in that thing" thats about it. the prostreets arent that loud although car alarms beg to differ.lol

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Spintech and flowmaster shouldnt be used in the same sentence.

They do not even sound anything remotely the same.

·
Registered
389 Posts
My car is a 2000 Cobra R clone (at least on the outside :)) and I have been thinking about the Spintech side exit exhaust system. Does anyone ruun this system? How does it sound? Are you using the Pro Streets?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Its gonna be loud and deep sounding. i ran my car for a few days with dumps before I picked up b-master tailpipes. It quieted it down a lot, and killed just about all of the drone.

You may not get drone with long tubes, but with dumps ya never know....

by the looks of the specs on your engine...it should sound crazy. An X-pipe would finish it off though...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Do any of you guys with Spin Tech mufflers notice extra heat? When I was getting my Borlas installed at an exhaust/race shop, we got to talking about differente exhaust systems. One of the guys said he tried the Spin Tech mufflers, but because of their inherent design (the spinning effect of converting the sound waves into heat) that they caused 'alot' of extra heat on his race car. His race car really doesn't make any more power than lots of street cars on this forum, a little over 600 at the crank.

This was just their observation, curious what input others might have.

·
Registered
344 Posts
How about straight pipes from the off road x ( coming off the longtubes) to the stainless tips ? no mufflers at all!

my car is show/strip

eh?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
i think every track has noise limits, race car or not....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts