Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question

I have 3.73s in my 94 Cobra. The speedo is off by 20% (mile marker=1 mile, odometer=1.2, after 5 miles, odometer reads 6). I have the 20 tooth and the local tranny fella said I needed a 22 tooth. Does this sound correct? If not, do any of y'all know which tooth and where to get it ASAP? I need to have correct reading for when we go to HotRod Power Tour next Friday in Kansas City. MO.

Thanx for any advice yous can give me.

Albert
:confused:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
You need the white 23 tooth gear. This will put you less than 5%. The white 23 tooth gear is not a Ford part, but can buy it at Steeda or Houston Performance. Have heard it can be had at the Jeep\Dodge\Chrysler dealer as it is a Mopar part. Don't know the part #. Can pick one up for around $15.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, interesting scenario. Here Im told it is the 23 tooth gear and at stangnet, a fella mentioned the 21 tooth Ford gear. Help!!!! I need to order/purchase one today. Which one is it? hmmmmm.
:D
Albert

·
Registered
304 Posts
23. Word of advice, the people here for the most part know what they are talking about. Stick with one website.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You need the 23 tooth. its gonna be the most accurate. thats what i had to get for my 3.73. I think if you go to texasmustangs.com and look it up itll tell you exactly which one you need. good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts