Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IVE GOT AN 86 GT THAT HAS A STOCK 89 ENGINE(CRACKED THE ORIGINAL BLOCK TRYING 175 SHOT OF NITROUS HA HA HA !!!) WITH PULLEYS,4:10 GEARS,2 CHAMBER FLOWMASTERS, AND OFF-ROAD H PIPE. I JUST PURCHASED A COBRA INTAKE.70MM THROTTLE BODY,AND E 303 CAM.DOES ANYONE KNOW OF PEOPLE RUNNING THIS KIND OF COMBINATIONAND HOW WELL DO YA THINK IT WILL RUN.I WAS RUNNING CONSISTANT 13.6 LAST YEAR.I DONT PLAN ON INSTALLING A MASS AIR. THANX

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
Turn off the caps

The Cobra Intake and 70mm TB will work fine. 70mm is big for a stock motor but i guess you can use it with nitrous.

As far as i know, if you want the cam, you will need mass air.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Save your money, keep your SD. Send back the Ford alphabet cam and get an SD freindly cam like the Crower 15511 or you will need to convert. Better heads and intake are not an issue for SD. You should be running better with the later model engine, the newer E7 heads are a 25hp step up.

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
Mike, glad to see you are getting more hits over here on this board. The one big thing I forgot to mention on the other board is that you can change heads, intake and throttle bodies all day long on Speed Density cars. It's the cam that makes the computer fickle. The crower cam mentioned is a good way to go. Good luck in your search. I have been keeping an eye out for info. If I see any I will send it your way! :)

here's some good info on what the specs on the cam could be in this thread

http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=227053

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
I have an E it sucks, I wouldn't suggest it in an SD application

keep stock cam get some heads

I ran high 12's w/home ported stock heads performer inatke and longtubes, stock cam put E in it got .1 and 1mph and a car that wont idle in D very annoying, not to mention I'm prolly washing my rings down on fresh motor

theres other ways to pick up 10hp, but if your stubborn, get a cam w/great vacuum(not an E)

I picked up some 50hp from the heads, like 10 from intake, 10 from cam, 25 from longtubes

I've sprayed 175 w/no probs, w/h/c/i

·
Registered
17 Posts
Yes you can put a cam in a SD car. I just installed a TFS stage 1 in my 88 coupe. The idle is not very consistant to say the least. But, it does idle. I am planning on switching to MAF very soon though. I just don't have the time to track down all the little things to make it work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts