Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to have my t-5 rebuilt (or at least get my 3rd gear synchro replaced), does anyone know of a good shop in southern California that can handle this? And please don’t say Aamco!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
91TrackSHO said:
Are you serious? I want a shop that knows what they are doing, preferably with plenty of Mustang experience.

Doesn't anyone know?
The only place I know of is JBA, but does anyone know what kind of work they put out?

·
Registered
489 Posts
eliot22 said:

The only place I know of is JBA, but does anyone know what kind of work they put out?
They can install headers, but that's about it. Try Superior Automotive (Orange County) 714 503-1880.

·
Registered
44 Posts
You can check out our list for SoCal Mustang shops on our UBB @
http://pub58.ezboard.com/fstangclubfrm12

Oh and for those that don't know stay clear away from AAMCO. My rebuilt T-45 from them lasted one day longer than their one year warrenty. It was an expensive lesson.

Dean

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. I was going to step up to a TKO, but I'd rather spend the money on other things since my HP is still low enough for the T-5. New brakes and full MM suspension setup are in mind.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BadBud said:

They can install headers, but that's about it. Try Superior Automotive (Orange County) 714 503-1880.
Those guys gave me the number to Anaheim Gear, they want $450 to replace the synchros and $950 for a rebuild!! D&D sells a new T-5 for $1K. Maybe I’ll just find someone selling a used trans for like 3 or 4 hundred.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
U can try Sticks Only in the San Fernando Valley, I think Van Nuys.

·
Registered
137 Posts
John's Mustangs and Classics (10%)

2277 National Avenue

San Diego, CA 92113

619-230-8866

I went in and talked to this guy a few years ago. I was really impressed with him and his staff. Very knowledgable

It's right by Chicano Park.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts