Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m interested in replacing the plastic tank that came with my Snow Performance Boost Cooler methanol injection kit with something else. Still having too many problems with the plastic tank leaking.

Does anybody know a online vendor were I can order a decent aluminum tank, approx. the size of an auto battery (about 12”X8”X10”)? Preferably something with a flush aviation style fill opening.

Checked Summitt already and couldn't find anything. Also tried a Yahoo search, too many results...

Thanks for any info.

Chris

·
Registered
164 Posts
theres nothing wrong with using an aluminum tank for alcohol. All the gas tanks we build for our race cars are aluminum and we run alcohol carbs, so the tanks are always full of 100% methanol.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Did you guys see any gains from the Snow performance stuff? If so, what, when, etc. Never heard from anyone who actually has it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
C Weil said:
Did you guys see any gains from the Snow performance stuff? If so, what, when, etc. Never heard from anyone who actually has it.
I have it, see sig. I'm runing 14 degree base timing. I could go higher but the w/i is to prevent detontation not attempting to make more power. It hard to know if I saw gains because there were lots of other things done at the same time. But the car made 15 back to back dyno pulls with no power/trq loss or detonation. Like I said it could be tuned to get more hp, but i'm happy with the way things are now. I like to watch the green light when it comes on. :) The only thing that I question is: will the alcohol/water mixture stay constant in the tank. In other words will the alcohol evaporate while in the tank?

·
Registered
618 Posts
How many lbs of boost are you running on that setup? Not bad numbers. Kind of hard to compare, because I'm running positive displacement blower with only 6lbs currently, but still.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts