Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone run that kind of setup? If so do you like it or would you prefer Flowmasters and the H-pipe? Also anyone have any sound clips of a straight through muffler and a H-pipe?

·
Registered
120 Posts
i prefer the sound of a hpipe with flowmasters i had a car with cats and no mufflers and it was cool the first week then started to be irrritating also there is a difference between 2 and 3 chamber flowmasters

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
which one sounds better the 2 chamber or 3 chamber? I really need a sound clip to decide on the right setup

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Dynomax SuperTurbos!!

Quiet but rumbly at idle and scream up high.Maybe its my cam,but these do flow more than Flows and give a few extra hp.

They also get louder after a bit,they need to 'break in'.

·
Registered
374 Posts
another vote for the dynomax super turbos. i just put my off road pipe on, and it gives a nice rumble at idle, and above 2500 its just awesome. i dont have a cound clip though, sorry.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I really want to be able to hear it at idle and want other people to hear it at idle too. Do the super turbos make that possible? Does anyone have a sound clip of them?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have 2-1/2 flows with turn downs and it sounds great , trying to figure out how to get the sound and vidoe off of my vidoe camera and then you can hear it . Does anyone have it tips , i need help. And then I will post it so you guys can hear . Its in my 65 , long tubes , does have cross over , and turn downs .

lowside

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
i have an offroad H, and 2 chamber flows that are dumped.

when you get on it downlow and theres a curb on the side of the road, the echo off the curb is insanely awesome!....such a sweet growl.

the only thing i don't like is the loud drone idle at about 700, and the drone at 2000

oh well...can't have it all

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
93 mustang said:
This is off the subject alittle but does anyone know what the Dynomax UtlraFlow Welded mufflers sound like with an off road H-pipe. Thanks
I should know very shortly. I have a pair of Ultra-Flows sitting in my living room (the wife loooves that :lol:..). As soon as I get a chance to get by a muffler shop, I'll have them put in place of my 2-chambers. ;p

Wade

·
Registered
312 Posts
Fastcat said:
which one sounds better the 2 chamber or 3 chamber? I really need a sound clip to decide on the right setup
That video I sent you on the other board were of 2 chamber Flows. The 3 chambers aren't as loud.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.