Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to do a double throw-down deadening job on my Mustang. I just sold my 99 GT to buy my current 93, and I had forgotten how loud foxes are. How much deadener will I need to do everything but the headliner? I'd like to completely cover the floor from firewall to tail lights, and do the doors and inner quarters as well. I figured I'd use a spray on coating of some kind on the quarters and insides of the door skins, and then use a sheet material for everything else.

I realize that a fox will never be a Mercedes or anything, but I really do like a quiet ride, and I think my expectations are realistic.

So, my question is which brands and how much? currently, I'm looking at:

Dynamat original
Stinger Roadkill pro
Brown Bread (never heard of it, but it looks like good stuff http://www.b-quiet.com/brownbread.html)

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
How much did it take to do your cab, and is it significantly quieter? Also, any idea what the overall weight of the deadener was?

By the way, that's a great looking truck and a very nice install. The box is a piece of art. Good work.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I bought 2 70ft. rolls and it took about 1 1/2 rolls doing 2 layers along the floor. I does make a noticeably difference, but at the end of the day it is still a truck. The stuff is kinda heavy though (about 40 lbs. per roll). FYI...it took about 2 days to do the cab of my truck start to finish. So be sure you have a weekend layed out and a friend to help.

thanks for the compliments on the truck. Hopefully it will be finished soon.

·
Registered
411 Posts
edead from www.edesignaudio.com seems to be pretty good as well as raamat v.60 on ebay. They are pretty damn cheap and I know raamat gets the job done.

·
Registered
6,623 Posts
It sounds like you are doing some major sound deadening..

When I replaced the carpeting in my old truck I was given some Jute Felt insulation that I put down underneith the carpeting...

That truck was noticeably quieter and didn't add much weight.. It also kept alot of heat out of the cab.... The stuff can be had at any upholstery shop or automotive carpeting/upholstery shop. The price was great, the light weight was good, and the insulation factor was excellent.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Dynamat Extreme is 4 times more effective than Original, does not stink after installation since it is not asphalt based, Does not require a heat gun to install, can be mounted upside down (roof, trunk lid) and will not fall down like Original, it is lighter than Original, and it has an aluminum layer which will help block heat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts