Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am installing 2 lunar gauges in my '03 (mechanical boost and electric water temp). i have the full a pillar pod and the instrument bezel, both with 2 pods in each. i am gonna install the instrument bezel first, because i lost the little rivets that came with the a pillar. i did a little test install tonight to get a gameplan for tomorrow. going by the instructions i installed the tube in the back of the boost gauge. it is very loose when the car is off, but when the car is on it stays put naturally. how do you protect from leaks? or does it not leak that way? the water temp will be an easy install, but i was looking at the fitting that svtoa.org sells, $37.50??? whats up with that? for a fitting, i am guessing that the supplied autometer fittings won't fit? i am going to put them both in the instrument bezel for now, and when i get my fuel pressure and oil pressure gauges, i will install the boost with fuel pressure on the a pillar, and the oil pressure and water temp on the instrument bezel. these gauges look so sweet lit up. big thanks goes to mac03cobra for his write up on the gauge install. i used a 7/64 vacuum T right underneath the dash, by the gas pedal for boost reading, and bought the MINI add a fuses, except i got mine from pep boys who also sells those little kits. i am sure everything will be a lot clearer to me in the daylight tomorrow, i was just dying to see the gauges in the car, since this is the first free time ive had since i got them. oh and a side note, do not open the boxes until you are ready to install, otherwise you lose vital screws like my dumb ass, hey what can i say i got excited when i saw some toys on my desk.

·
Registered
385 Posts
going by the instructions i installed the tube in the back of the boost gauge. it is very loose when the car is off, but when the car is on it stays put naturally. how do you protect from leaks? or does it not leak that way?
It's been a couple of months but I don't recall that fitting on the back of gauge being loose. Mine firmed up. I think there's a compression fitting that has to go on the vinyl tube, did you possibly forget this? The vacuum of the system might pull that joint tight but under boost the gauge will not read correctly if there's any leakage at that fitting.

the water temp will be an easy install, but i was looking at the fitting that svtoa.org sells, $37.50??? whats up with that? for a fitting, i am guessing that the supplied autometer fittings won't fit?
My Autometer water temperature kit came with the correct adapter to use the bung on the crossover. Autometer also sells the adapter for like $9.

i used a 7/64 vacuum T right underneath the dash, by the gas pedal for boost reading
Hmm, is there another joint near the gas pedal? I'll have to go look. I used the one behind the glove box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts