Ford Mustang Forums banner

somethings wrong

310 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  '89-LX-5.0 
#1 ·
Every morning for the last week or so when i start my car in the morning it fires up, idles crappy for a second, then stalls. When i start it back up its fine, no problem at all. This only happens in the mornings after the car sets overnight. I've tried f.i. cleaner and throttle body cleaner and everything else i could find i cleaned. I think the problem is something electrical but not quite sure. Any ideas? I just changed the plugs too so thats not a problem.

#4 ·
not yet. The o2 sensors have never been changed, do you think they would cause this.

#5 ·
I'm thinking more along the lines of the ECT, if it is the O2 sensor's it should show up when running codes either in KOER or memory.

Bill

#6 ·
mine did the exact same thing. I only notice it when the weather is cold. I also noticed it after i installed a C&L 76 maf. I dont know if that is what caused it but i do know that it is not doing it now, when it is warm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.