Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from what i've seen, everyone on here seems to think that suspension should be dealt with before adding more power. so i have about $600 to spend on my 2002 GT and i wanna know what you guys suggest. i would rather to keep the car stock height. i'm really just looking for better traction. thanks guys.

·
Registered
154 Posts
why would you want to keep the 4x4 stance?

·
Registered
670 Posts
trueblue02 said:
why would you want to keep the 4x4 stance?
Yes please lower it! I HATE the way my car looks at stock height, its fugly!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Lower it
Lower it
Lower it

And checkout www.maximummotorsports.com A panhard bar will be nice for the corners.

If you want to lower you car.
H&R Springs - $240
Tokico Premium Performance - $330
=$570
Or Chassis Stiffening and upgrades.
MM Standard Control Arms - $260
MM Full Length Subframe Connectors - $119
Control Arms (includes bushings for chassis end) - $75
Upper Control Arm bushings, differential end - $28
=$482

·
Registered
351 Posts
LByellowStang said:
Subframes and Lower control arms would be a nice start.
that's about how i see it. perhaps wider rims and tires in the back. i you like the ride height and want more traction then keeping the stock springs i feel is the way to go. your stock struts and shocks may have some wear on them (my stock struts and shocks showed noticeable loss in performance around 15k miles but where still plenty ok to use for daily driving) so on a budget mach 1 tokikos come to mind as an upgrade.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the suggestions. how hard is this stuff to install? a friend and i installed LT's on his 99 GT.. is this more difficult? thanks.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Not more difficult than LT's. Its fairly straight forward and all the bolts are easily accesable. Id say for traction Uppers, Lowers and subframes. Biggest difference you will see for traction is uppers and lowers, if you plan on drag racing get the subframes. The car feels 10x better with them anyway.

·
Registered
635 Posts
if you put lt on you should get the k member to so that you can put them on at the same time.but lt are awsome!they sound great,and look even better!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts