Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
its late at night and im thinking crazy, but wouldnt this add hp... take a smog pump line and run into your egr line and it would put air into yoru intake manifold tell me if this is possible and if its ever been done... or anything, thanks

·
Registered
469 Posts
Do a search for "Air Pump Supercharger" or something like that. The air pump does not put out the kind of volume you need. The idea is up there with the "Leaf Blower Turbo".

·
Registered
389 Posts
screw that itll never work..but try this power secret...run one of your a/c ducts into your CAI.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Even if the smog pump pumped enough air, in the location you described, it would be behind the MAF and would be unmetered air... if the computer doesn't know to supply the extra fuel, then there wouldn't be a power increase, rather a bad lean condition.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I'm not sure if Fauxbra was joking or not, but running a duct off of AC and running the AC would not be a performance enhancement. Turning the AC system on sucks more HP than a little bit of cool air would ever make up for.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
TJ 94gt vert said:
I'm not sure if Fauxbra was joking or not, but running a duct off of AC and running the AC would not be a performance enhancement. Turning the AC system on sucks more HP than a little bit of cool air would ever make up for.
Exactly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts