Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you all subscribe to as far as solid motor/tranny mounting? Race use only or acceptable for daily driving? Other than vibration, what are possible consequences? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I have them in my car, but it not a daily driver. With the motor running sweet, the rear view mirror buzzes... but unbearable it is not.

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
I'm using Moroso solid engine mounts mated to an Energy Suspension tranny mount. Increased vibration is transmitted to the car in general, however it is not extremely noticeable. I am also assured that I won't ever have to replace my mounts. Not bad for a set of free mounts.

·
15,477 Posts
I'm running the HPM 3/4" drop solids in my car. I can't give you a good opinion yet as I haven't driven much yet b/c **** keeps breaking. You'll feel vibrations from weird places though, like your door, esp. when it's open; your gas pedal, your seat etc. Be prepared for possibly some new rattles. I like the fact that my engine doesn't twist like 5" everyt ime I rev it though :D I like them, just taking me getting used to b/c I'm paranoid about my new tranny :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts