Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one using the Ground Pounder soild motor mounts? If so, do they maintain the stock engine height? I CAN NOT use a drop mount. I will have to run solid mounts since I have very little clearance between the oil pan (Moroso 7qt) and the rack and pinion (flaming river manual). I like the looks of the GP's since they are a boxed design unlike the HPM's. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Boss,

I wouldn't ever go with anything that says ground pounder on it, they have no quality control and you never know if what they are selling you will fit. Trust me on that, I fought a k-member for a month before I decided to trash it.

As for the mounts, I used the Moroso solid box mounts on my car with a 7 qt. canton pan and the flaming river setup for 3 years and never had a problem. They are actually about 1/8" taller than stock mounts...hardly noticable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sorry to hear you had trouble with the GP k-member. The HAL that I have bolted right on with no trouble, and the car has been hit in the front before (not too hard, though). The only "problem" I've had with it is that it moved the wheels forward, but I'm only running 215/65/15's in front, so I still have lots of room.

Anyone with direct experiance with the Ground Pounder Motor Mounts??? Or the HPM for that matter?

·
Registered
885 Posts
I heve the moroso mounts, not yet installed though.

off topic but i remember Scott P saying good things about his moroso pan, sorry bout yours.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Energy Suspension polyurethane is the ONLY way to go. And they fit perfectly.. they may even raise the engine slightly, since most of the factory rubber mounts will have sagged a little, even if they look fine.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry but the mounts MUST BE SOLID. Plus I am not going to pay $150 for motor mounts.

Hey Zephyr,

Did that guy have the Moroso pan for the Cleveland? I even had a hell of a time getting it bolted onto the engine. It is the right pan but everything is really tight. I'm sure it will do it's job great once I get all these details sorted out, but right now it is really aggrevating me.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Yeah, its the moroso fox 351C oil pan. Its in a 79 Fairmont Futura. He had one fabbed up from a 4WD pan and it got FUBARed somehow, i cant remember the details, i just remember he said a few good things about the Moroso because im putting a 351C in DaMont (one of these days anyway). I wonder if anythings changed though...

He posts at the 335 forum you posted a link to recently, i think he goes by futuratraction or some variation of it. Since I'm not around there much, i dont know if hes a regular or not.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I have conversed with him some about the C6 fitting in the fox. I have a similar post going over there. The Fox/Cleveland combo seems to be turning into a rather popular swap right now. I can't wait till spring to try this thing out! Ought to be a blast.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
I used the HPMotorsport ones on my Griggs tubular front end:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts