Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, there have been several setups tested out there. I am going to do heads soon and I want to know what all you SVO supercharger guys think is going to produce the highest rwhp numbers. Max boost that I want is 8-10#'s.

some possible combos:

svo heads (don't really wanna drop that much $$$)
PI heads stock and stock compression with 6# pulley
PI heads P&P and stock compression with 6# pulley
PI heads P&P and compression reduced with 8-10# pulley
any other combos.....etc....

What are your opinions?

I would like to see 340 rwhp, that is my goal.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Al,
My vote is leave your engine the way it is. Heads and a blower f***ed my motor up and it could happen to u. The engine is weak and every time you step on you will worry about popping a piston. If we meet tueday I will show u my piston. Its a sorry site.

Seth

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
if the reason you bought the blower was for what the dyno sheet says then you bought the wrong one. if it looks good and feels good, then heck, it must BE good! but if you want an answer to your question...(assuming you do not want to get a forged shortblock)

01 PI heads P&P with oversize valves and regrinds, 3.4" pulley, 42# injectors, bigger pump, LTs, and some sort of water injection should help you reach your goal. the problem is that your blower will be the limiting factor. running the water/alcohol mixture through the blower will help seal it up and increase the efficiency, and cool the charge temps. some say that you should plumb the injection after the compressor for max benefit, but i say different. this blower just moves air, it doesnt compress it like the centris and screws do. so it will never reach the efficiency of the other blower types, but it will make power. you just have to tweak it more. reducing the charge temp will allow for more timing and boost to be run. you can go with the 3.2" pulley and the water injection....should put you near 350rwhp.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nah, didn't buy it for the dyno sheet...bought it for the deal and a half that I got on it.

But you know what happens and it happens to everyone, you get more power hungry and that's what is happening to me :evil:

just trying to optimize what I have.

·
Registered
552 Posts
it doesnt compress it like the centris and screws do
Sure it does, that's why you get an overpressure after the rotors. I think what you mean to say is that it doesn't compress air at an exponential rate like a certrifugal compressor. Our blower only moves enough air to compress at a linear rate. Like you have said before it is not a particularly efficient setup comparatively speaking. With that being said, I think that this is one of the wisest statements of all, concerning the SVO setup:

if the reason you bought the blower was for what the dyno sheet says then you bought the wrong one
The SVO blower is more about driving pleasure rather than impressing the guys at the performance shop with some astronomical dyno numbers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
stroked or blown?, have you dynod that beast yet? I'm really anxious to see the results of a liquid injection kit. Have you seen any numbers from any SVO blown folks indicating performance numbers from an injection kit? I, so far, have not so my curosity is fired up.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
GarrettW said:
stroked or blown?, have you dynod that beast yet? I'm really anxious to see the results of a liquid injection kit. Have you seen any numbers from any SVO blown folks indicating performance numbers from an injection kit? I, so far, have not so my curosity is fired up.
Omar from Turkey has the aquamist kit on his svo car. dont know if he has before and after numbrs. he goes by purplemustang on here. shoot him a PM. as far as my setup is concerned, it is not together yet. i have toyed with the idea of selling the blower setup with the SMC kit, but i will probably still install it. not too many bites on the stuff at $2500! a lot have asked to buy pieces, but i will not sell it piece by piece...i will make up my mind what i will do sometime next week after finals are over. i will then have 7 weeks off to make up my mind. i for sure am not getting the forged shortblock at this time because my wife and i are going to hawaii this summer, and that was the money i was going to use. wife comes first b/c with out her, i would not have any of this. i will probably have SD remove the swirl dams on the heads so i can run the blower. i didnt want to have to remove them in case i got the forged shortblock later, but i guess i can get the pistons made to fit the CR i want later! as a matter of fact,i do know someone with the SVO blower on a 97 GT that is using the Aquamist kit. he has the injector plumbed before the TB like i plan to do. i havent seen any dyno sheets, but he told me that without the water injection and the 3.4" pulley, he saw 315rwhp and 364rwtq on stock heads with 99 cams. with only adding the water injection kit, he jumped up to 335rwhp and 380rwtq. this guy doesnt post on here cause he is in the army.
so there is hope. he was also using the stock computer with his setup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts