Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A kind gentlemen - who is not big dogs, or affiliated with them sent me a big dogs cobra intake that has been ported. I’ll be replacing the box r intake on the car temporarily to see the difference.

I won’t get into the pissing contest, really here as a third party to make a comparison. Here are some pics of it compared to a factory explorer intake. All measurements are in mm.

This will be a strict a to b comparison deal. I’ll look at fuel flow and dragy times to see which one works the best. Engine is a woody built 347 with a f1r blower. Any ideas on which will come out on top?

If anyone wants any other pics or measurements, please Let me know and I’ll oblige if I can.

Saw Tool Machine tool Milling Power tool

Gas Auto part Wood Engineering Metal

Automotive tire Wheel Rim Rolling Automotive wheel system

Bicycle part Crankset Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire Auto part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Metalworking hand tool Tool

Hand Tire Automotive tire Bicycle part Wheel

Hood Automotive tire Bumper Automotive exterior Tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior

Attachments

· Registered
8,632 Posts
Looks awesome. What was the motivation in staying with a Cobra intake vs going aftermarket?

Reactions: Putyoutorest

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks awesome. What was the motivation in staying with a Cobra intake vs going aftermarket?
The box r will eventually be going back on. This is just to do some testing.

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It’ll be interesting to see how the lower matches up to your heads.
I think it will be a bit smaller judging by the 1262r on there now.
Looks nice, can't wait to see the results.

is this the cut and welded upper?

Lower looks huge, which heads are you running?
I believe it’s just welded on a couple runners to allow for more room to port.

They’re 11r 205s

· Registered
10,374 Posts
I've always been curious about numbers on the intakes. I have no desire to partake in the pissing matches.

WHat exactly is the test you are going to do? Stock explorer lower and upper, vs the BD cobra upper and lower?

· Registered
3,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Tech is good, but the upside readings are killing me lol
Lmao. I’ll upload them again and flip them.
this is the cut or uncut upper?

where are you located, i have a R long upper you can try and a systemax. might even have a tmoss lower to compare too.
I believe it’s uncut. What size opening on the long r?
I've always been curious about numbers on the intakes. I have no desire to partake in the pissing matches.

WHat exactly is the test you are going to do? Stock explorer lower and upper, vs the BD cobra upper and lower?
I’m going to see how the cobra intake does against the box r.
Actual measurements are nice, but we need sockets per square inch of port volume to get accurate information.
Hold on I’ll stick a couple sockets in and get back to you :LOL:

· Registered
478 Posts
not trying to be the one to start the pissing contest but im currious on what the turnaround time was on it and what stage it was. i understand it takes many months. also interested in cost

EGR port naturally bigger on those? almost looks it was also ported

· Registered
8,632 Posts
Actual measurements are nice, but we need sockets per square inch of port volume to get accurate information.
I was always told by the best it's not sockets, it's golf balls. "Oh yeah this is ported so great you can roll a golf ball down the port.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts