Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
14.21 @ 96 was my best with a 2.04 60ft.

and ran two other 14.20'[email protected]

I think I could have gotten a 14.1 with it.and going to yank the sway bar before the X-pipe, pullies and chip go on after that I will be looking for 13.5's.

it has a K&N a trimed silencer and no spare or jack.

there were some kids out there in some 01 cobras happy running high 13's..... that dont make no sense.

J

·
0 Posts
Those sound very good to me. I've only be to the track one last year with my stock 99 GT auto vert, and the best I could do was a 14.6. I thought that was pretty good considering the extra wieght and the auto. I've just installed a K&N and hope to get to the track tomorrow night.

·
Registered
76 Posts
SKYWLKR said:
14.21 @ 96 was my best with a 2.04 60ft.

and ran two other 14.20'[email protected]

I think I could have gotten a 14.1 with it.and going to yank the sway bar before the X-pipe, pullies and chip go on after that I will be looking for 13.5's.

it has a K&N a trimed silencer and no spare or jack.

there were some kids out there in some 01 cobras happy running high 13's..... that dont make no sense.
My first time out with my Cobra I ran a 14.4... I would have been ecstatic that day to run high 13's as well. When they built the Cobra's, they definitely didn't have drag racing in mind! The Cobra has got to be one of the hardest cars to drag race. It takes a lot of skill to launch off of Ford's IRS. I have had to put a lot of effort into my cobra to be able to drag race and not be embarrased. The wheel hop and lack of traction make these things run pretty slow at the drag track stock... Getting rid of the wheel hop and putting on some DR's will get high 12's (for a good driver) to low 13's (people like me) with an 01 Cobra. Now, if you swap out the rear to a solid axle like you have, there is potential for high 11's. Just look at the times that some of the more experienced racers on this message board are getting with that combo. (Also see "Black Cloud" in the Project Cars section of this site):)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea but the cobras were modded.

and I was tring to enfrce the fact that springs and bushings would help a lot. but any way I think the the cars should have been low 13's the friggin GT's are running high 13's stock.

sheit my stock AUTO VERT GT is a very low 14 second machine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts