Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was adding/checking fluid and i noticed that a tab snapped off. one of them is still on...is this dangerous, like does the ps pump build a lot of pressure? or can i drive ok on it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
i would be more concerned about dirt and moisture getting in but you'll be ok in the short run. i'd snag a replacement from a junk yard.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Should be ok.. forget JYs...

go to a decent parts place, hit the HELP! section and pick up a new one.. probably $5-7

Adam

·
Registered
746 Posts
As long as the filler cap is secure to the P/S filler neck, you won't have a problem. If you can find a replacement, then by all means pick one up for a few bucks, but I wouldn't loose any sleep over it as long as the cap is in place and held down by at least one of the tabs....

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Yeah, as long as it's snug on there, you should be fine. Double check though, becuase I remember reading an article in MM&FF about one of their project cars and saying the P/S cap wasn't tightened down, and after driving it, there was power steering fluid all over the engine compartment. Can't remember which car it was on though, I think maybe that fox that they converted to 5-lug within the past year.

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thnx for the replies, the shop i get my car worked on at has one that i'm picking up monday :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts