Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, I need some info from anyone who has had experience with 1.25'' hub-centric spacers and 16" pony/waffle wheels.

I've done a lot of reading and searching on this forum and others pertaining to waffle wheels and spacers. I've found info that was sort of helpful but it seems each spacer thread is case by case.

My concern is that I really want to avoid trimming the stock studs. I'm assuming that with a 1.25" spacer on stock studs I may be able to achieve this. However I'd like to hear from anyone with experience.

My stock waffles have little pockets between the lugs that I'd hope any extra stud left over from the spacer would compensate for, however I'm not sure if these pockets are deep enough as on aftermarket wheels.

Here are the pockets on a waffle wheel-> inner wheel | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I'm planning on spacing my stock waffles because I like em' and most likely wont be getting a DD set of wheels for a few years. Thanks for the help in advance! :salute:

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
If you're not sure if it'll work, just go to the hardware store and buy a bunch of washers to put around 2 or 3 of the studs 1.25" deep, then put the wheel on there and see if the ends of the studs hit the back of the wheel.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts