Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have pics of either the BBK or MAC caster/ camber plates properly installed on a SN95 chassis or a copy of the directions. The plates I purchased did not come with directions, and I believe that the individual I spoke with at MAC's main office may misread the directions (as he was not a tech, just a salesperson doing the best he could). All responses are appreciated.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Toss those plates!

The strut in a 94+ car is not triangulated, thus can cause problems like ripping the strut tower out.

Here is a pic and you can see the strut is not triangulated:

It is not as critical w/o coilovers, but you should buy a 4 bolt design like from MM and J&M.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that they are not ideal, but these were installed for a friend who had already purchased them. He's not autocrossing/ road racing, just driving aggressively on the street. Besides they are loads better than the stock junk. Actually, your photo is what led me to believe that the instructions provided me by the MAC salesperson were incorrect. He was having difficulty reading the instructions and couldn't locate his techs. I should have trusted my instincts on the install. His interpretation of the instructions positioned the bolt hole on the plate with the protrusion nearest the firewall. It worked and still offered full adjustability and actually didn't look that bad. However, the protrusion rested against the firewall with camber adjusted just slightly negative of the stock setting. One of these days I'll learn to trust that gut feeling, because it is normally right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
what about steeda

hey matt90GT,

what about the steeda caster camber plates ?
hows the triangulation on them ?

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
Re: what about steeda

TRKpony said:
hey matt90GT,

what about the steeda caster camber plates ?
hows the triangulation on them ?
How many bolts do they have for the 94+ cars?

The only 3 bolt plate that works with the 94+ cars to triangulate the strut is the Griggs units.

·
Registered
106 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts