Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I read this somewhere a long time ago...Tried searching and couldn't really find anything.

I thought it said it helped with turning radius and handling??

Anybody shed any light on this for me?

I have some nice used control arms from my 94, and need to know whether to trash them or use them...lol.

Thanks.

·
Corral Charter Member
11,384 Posts
Hey Bob -

When I had my prior 5.0 coupe - I had a set of front A-arms that came with all of the 5-lug conversion parts I had purchased from Stan. We thought they were Fox control arms (86-93). I installed them and the whole SN95 5lug/4 wheel disc set up I had purchased from him. Once I put the front wheels on - after assembly - I knew then they were SN95 A-arms...

If you try to use SN95 A-arms on the front of a Fox body (my coupe was a 1990) - utilizing the stock Fox K-member, complete SN95 brake upgrade as well (spindles, rotors, etc) and a set of 17x8 Mustang wheels, once you mount the FRONT wheels, the wheels will actually be sticking out nearly 1" beyond the front fenders... The SN95 arms will not work if going that route and trust me, it looks hideous with the wheels sticking out like that..

I know for a fact it will not work, I did it and it was horrible. I had to dismantle the entire front end again and swap in a set of brand new Ford Motorsport A-arms.

If you need A-arms, go with the Ford Motosport units - they are very nice, and come with brand new bushings & ball joints... They are not all that much, I think close to $180 or something for the set.

If someone else gets SN95 front A-arms to work on their 79-93 Fox - tell me how it was done, because it surely did not work in my case.

Let me know if you have any other questions.. :)

Best of luck with the vert too - that is a sweet car!!

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
They will work if you know how to make them work! If you know that, you will know the benefits of a wider track.

Simply put, they will increase your front track like .75" per side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts