Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing a head swap next month. And while I have the heads off, I was thinking of removing my smog pump. Can you leave the smog pump on, but run a smaller belt. So as not to use the pump? Or do you have to take the pump out? And if you can use a smaller belt, anyone have the part number? Oh and any suggestions on anything else to do while the heads are off. I was also thinking about maybe doing a new cam. But I've heard that you can't go with a hotter cam in out model year or it won't idle. Is this true? If not any suggestions on what cam to go with? I'm open to suggestions. Thnks for looking.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You could just gut the pump like I did.

Are you changing the intake too? It really made a big difference changing out mine.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have intentions on changing my intake, but I also have a wife that stops me from spending too much money! So for now it will probably just be the heads and cam.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Evil Ash, do you still have cats? How long have you been running it like that............ (Since nobody will reply to my thread!)

P.S. belt # 905K6

·
Registered
604 Posts
Still stock headers, Hpipe. I think it's been nearly a year now.
When you take apart the pump it's a miracle it even turns as the factory grease was long gone on mine and barely turned by hand.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts