Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to eliminate my smog pump, but was told it is not necessary to purchase the smog pump eliminator, but can be accomplished by installing a short belt instead. Does anyone know the belt size I need? Do I have to remove the smog pump also?(it looks like I do not need to, just add the shorter belt)
Thank you for any help:joy:

·
Registered
51 Posts
belt length

On my setup, with all stock pulleys, A/C, P/S, Alt & W/P, a NAPA belt #060763 which is about 76 1/2 inches works fine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
anytime I change an accesory(SP?) and need a different length belt, I just take a string and and route it around all my pullies. Having an adjustabl belt tensioner makes it alittle easier so take into account your tensioner being at full tension.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
That site doesnt tell you if you can run that short belt with UD pullies... can you?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Depends on the size of the alternator pulley.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It shouldn't make a difference with underdrives, as long as you have all three pulleys installed (Alt, WP, crank). With all three on it is the same length belt as stock. I am going to try the info from that web page (I noticed the path is different). Thanks!:cool:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Listen to Palemarry, the string works great. Takes the guesswork out of sizing for a new belt for any accessory you remove. Try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts