Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive eliminated my smog pump and a/c...Im pretty sure of what i can do but i wanna run it all by oyu guys since ya kno more bout this stuff...I know i can just get a shorter belt for my smog pump and dont even need a delete kit for it but for my a/c im told i can do the same AND get a delete kit which moves then tensioner...ALL ideas will be GREATLY appreciated since my car is almost done and i need to find out what i can do bout these....THANKS!

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
just did this last weekend.. i got the FMS delete which brings power steering up. Pretty straight foward(for no directions). Bad part was when i put the belt on and the belt was rubbing where the tensioner pully pushes down, mine was pretty much straight up and down and needed to swing up a few more inches. I took the tensioner off and drilled another hole and rotated it about 30 degrees and it worked great, just changed the belt lenght needed so had to run for more belts. I didnt delete the smog pump, just bypassed it.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone else?

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
FMS A/C delete kit is the way to go. The other kits remove the A/C compressor and put an idler pulley in its place, which you end up turning with your belt for no reason at all. The FMS kit removes it all together, and is cheaper, about $45.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts