Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so ive read about 20 posts on this and im still not getting it. its either...

bogarts with welded 1.125" spacer $500

welds with 3/4" spacer, cheap but looks like crap
welds with 1" spacer, cheap but looks like crap

how can they look bad when the bogart uses a BIGGER spacer??

my wheels need ot match and i just cant see blowing $1400 on wheels ill use 2 tims a month....$600 sounds better plus i just got sinnies for $150!

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
The Bogarts with the welded spacer have about zero backspacing to begin with. Thats why they sit flusher than the Welds do....

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
I run Welds with spacers because
1. they are much cheaper than Bogarts
2. I only use them one or twice a month
3. I only drive to and from the track on them so looks aren't that important

I would never drive around a lot on Bogarts anyway. They are a lighter weight race only type of wheel that would be destroyed by the first big pothole you hit.

If you are going to drive on skinnies all the time I would just go ahead and get GT brakes as they stop skinnies just as well as the Cobra ones. Then your Welds will tuck under. Keep the Cobra parts and if you ever want to put them back it is just a couple of bolts away.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
tnturbo said:
If you are going to drive on skinnies all the time I would just go ahead and get GT brakes as they stop skinnies just as well as the Cobra ones. Then your Welds will tuck under. Keep the Cobra parts and if you ever want to put them back it is just a couple of bolts away.
I tried the GT brake trick, its no where near as "bolt on" as you would think. I had to swap the brakes over, use a grinder to remove the caliper reinforcement bar that crosses the front of the caliper, then STILL use a 1/2" spacer. It did look good but it was a pain.

If you want the stuff I have everything but the 1/2" spacer, and its all coming off the car this weekend. Everything is in great shape, the pads/ rotors have less than 5K on them. I dont have the skinnys anymore so they are coming off. Drop me a PM if anyone wants them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
get bogarts for the front and whatever you want for the back. by the time you go through all the crap to run welds up front it will cost you almost as much as the bogarts but you wont have as nice of a wheel....plus you probably wont be legal!!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
missouri_guy1973 said:
Why do you say that the spacers and welds look like crap?
thats just what everyone was saying. that they stick out too much

i got 2 fellow 03 owners with welds to chime in ove ron SVTP...welds with a 1" spacer and they will sit the same as the stock rims. im all set with the $500 bogarts for once a month rims.
and im not into the "legal racing" yet, just t&t and street nights. thanks!!

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
Remember with the Bogarts though you'll need to get longer studs for you your front hubs or you won't have enough threads sticking through for the lug nuts to catch on...

·
Registered
454 Posts
Actually you dont need longer studs to run the bogarts. You need to use the deep lug nuts for them anyway and they grab the stock studs with pleny of thread. Quick Snake above has Bogarts which he runs with stock studs and I have borrowed them from him and used my stock studs with no problems.

·
Registered
4,186 Posts
Quicksnake and Cobra99Dave are both right.

Bogarts fit because their offset is such that even with the spacer the wheel is under the car.

Also, if you use the lugnuts they sell, you have about 1.25" of thread coverage, which is more than enough.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Cobra99Dave said:
Actually you dont need longer studs to run the bogarts. You need to use the deep lug nuts for them anyway and they grab the stock studs with pleny of thread. Quick Snake above has Bogarts which he runs with stock studs and I have borrowed them from him and used my stock studs with no problems.
Does this apply to legality as well?

I'm thinking about racing at some events and I was told that the wheel studs had to protrude the lugnut at least 1/2 the width of the stud (something like that). With the Bogarts I had made for the Cobra brakes and Bogarts own deep lug nuts, I definitely didn't have any wheel stud protruding through the lug nut.. It grabbed the wheel just fine but I don't know if it would be legal?

Just curious.

Shawn

·
Registered
381 Posts
Can't say that my draglites stick out at all... I did have to do a *Very* small amount of grinding on the caliper, and I'm currently using a 1/2 inch spacer with the stock studs.

Justin

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Cobra99Dave said:
No its probably not legal at a big event if they want to be strict about it. My local track gives me no problem though.
Yea..

This is the reason I am looking for wheels that might swallow the 3.5 ARP studs.. I know for a fact that the 00R's I had before would have easily hidden the entire 3.5" stud without too much trouble.

I might just get another set of hubs with the factory studs and swap them out when/if I go to a professional race..

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
turbo 4v what size tire are you running in the back what are the specs on the wheels tires and brakes if you dont mind posting and do you have any other pics ??

·
Registered
175 Posts
BlackSnake2001 said:
Does this apply to legality as well?

I'm thinking about racing at some events and I was told that the wheel studs had to protrude the lugnut at least 1/2 the width of the stud (something like that). With the Bogarts I had made for the Cobra brakes and Bogarts own deep lug nuts, I definitely didn't have any wheel stud protruding through the lug nut.. It grabbed the wheel just fine but I don't know if it would be legal?

Just curious.

Shawn
It's not legal... with bogarts the stock studs will end up flush with the end of the lug. You need half the width of the stud to go past the end of the lug.

Will anyone give you a hard time about them??? Maybe..maybe not...

·
Registered
381 Posts
XR8TED said:
turbo 4v what size tire are you running in the back what are the specs on the wheels tires and brakes if you dont mind posting and do you have any other pics ??
They're the 15x9" Draglites (Can't remember the backspacing on those) running a 275-60-15 BFG Drag Radial. Stock rear brakes (also VERY minor grinding to make fit).

Here's another pic!

Justin

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
what about the front i wanna get some pro stars in 15x10 in the rear and skinnys up front i wanna runna a 315 tire out back

·
Registered
381 Posts
The front's are 15x3.5" with some generic 165R15 tires from the local tire store.

I'm sure you could run a 315 on a 10" tire...I think I could almost run a 315 on my 9" rims, but it'd be a squeeze.

Justin

1 - 20 of 29 Posts