Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have a short-belt for my 5.0 that bypasses the smog pump and the power steering, so counter clockwise the accesories used goes alternator, water pump, crank, A/C, tensioner.

Now my question...I have an FMS A/C delete kit which moves the power steering up to where the A/C WAS...won't I be able to use the same short belt? I'm assuming the A/C delete kit puts the p/s in the exact same spot as where the A/C once was...can anyone tell me with any amount of certainty?

Thanks
--Brian.

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
I have the same set-up. The belt I use is a 725K6, which is 72 1/2" with 6 ribs. It may be slightly different on your application, because I have underdrive pullies on the crank and alt. But, this will get you in the ball park.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I forgot to mention that I have ASP waterpump and crank underdrive pulleys.

Thanks for the part number, if mine doesn't fit at least I know what to try next :)

·
Registered
224 Posts
I just put on my A/c delete kit and I don't have a belt yet, what one should I get? I read in another thread to use gates #k060735 which is 74.2 inches
however I have ASP underdrives on my crank, water pump and alternator too, I removed the smog pump also, should I use a shorter belt than that?

·
Registered
3,302 Posts
The best thing to do for anyone in this situation is to: Get the size that you "think" is going to fit, and also buy one that is 1 inch longer and one inch shorter. Most parts stores will take the other two back without a problem, as long as you don't fire the motor up. This will save you some aggrevation and running back and forth to the parts store. Also, ask before you buy. Some parts stores can be really jerky about this sort of thing.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ok thanks, I get along well with my parts guys so taking stuff back won't be a problem

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm gonna do it this weekend, so I'll let you guys know what fits. The belt I have is about 72" I believe, I'll see if I can squeeze it on.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the string-wrapped-around system to figure out the length, it's 69" exactly. The short belt I was using before to bypass p/s and smog was 71".

I had to clock my tenioner up about 45degrees counter-clockwise for the belt to work, because with the underdrive pulleys the tensionser pushed the belt down onto the big water pump pulley. For some reason my tensioner always pointed almost straight down, so tilting it up made it much better.

That A/C condensor is H-E-A-V-Y

1 - 8 of 8 Posts