Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I'm glad you posted this. There is a set of these heads on my 302 with Felpro 1011-2 gasket (previous owner installed 10+yrs ago) that shows signs of seepage between the heads/block (outside of the block). This is happening on both sides and looks to be all external leakages. I've not quite seen this type of leak before with gaskets and it has been baffling me.

My plan is to replace the gaskets to a better/reliable gasket. When I stumbled on those instructions it confused me too. I'd like a nice tight non-leaking car :)

Reactions: Bullsfan24

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm glad you posted this. There is a set of these heads on my 302 with Felpro 1011-2 gasket (previous owner installed 10+yrs ago) that shows signs of seepage between the heads/block (outside of the block). This is happening on both sides and looks to be all external leakages. I've not quite seen this type of leak before with gaskets and it has been baffling me.

My plan is to replace the gaskets to a better/reliable gasket. When I stumbled on those instructions it confused me too. I'd like a nice tight non-leaking car :)
I plan on installing new head gaskets and heads this weekend. I’m using the 9333-pt1

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
I plan on installing new head gaskets and heads this weekend. I’m using the 9333-pt1
what heads did you decide on? I’m shopping for some while also looking at coyote crates:)

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
👍 I found a set of used eldebrock performer heads. Nothing crazy it’s just a cruiser.
Totally forgot that is what you originally said on this post. Good luck with the install. Looking forward to hearing your results

1 - 14 of 14 Posts