Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious of the better si trim choice for shooting for 650whp on a 363. A v1si or a v2si? Which can be turned harder?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Per Vortech, both have MAX power of 775HP, max flow of 1150CFM, and peak efficiency 78%. V1 has max RPM of 55k and max boost 26PSI. V2 has max rpm of 52k and max boost 22PSI.

·
Registered
551 Posts
And of course a V1 will be a bit louder than a V2.

·
Registered
7,553 Posts
I'm building that exact combination right now. I have a V1 gearset but Si impeller upgrade. Unless you specifically order a V1 HD head unit, the bearings are limited at the same 52k as the V2 gearset. I learned this from Vortech directly when I had them rebuild my head unit two years ago. Either way you're stuck at 52k max. So just use Vortech's calculator and figure out the pulley combination you need for your step up. I'm hoping with my setup a max torque of around 530-550 and spinning it to 7k. No idea what HP will be but math says assuming the Vortech can keep up, 640-650. At that RPM a 3.33 will be the smallest pulley I can run without overspinning. I'm going to start with a 3.60 and work my way down. I don't plan on putting a super aggressive clutch in and I have a 10 spline T56.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts