Ford Mustang Forums banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
unfortunately I think you're going to need a different head unit. si is still an si.
ysi or procharger.

or get bigger pulleys and use nos.
Well that's kind of the point of the post, I'm upgrading to a Ti. I shouldn't need a YSI, my long block build is only good for about 700whp anyway (boss 302 rods).

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Well that's kind of the point of the post, I'm upgrading to a Ti. I shouldn't need a YSI, my long block build is only good for about 700whp anyway (boss 302 rods).
upgrading from an si to a ti is a step. an si to a ysi is a big jump. if i was in your shoes, id sell the si and go straight to the ysi. im considering this as well.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
upgrading from an si to a ti is a step. an si to a ysi is a big jump. if i was in your shoes, id sell the si and go straight to the ysi. im considering this as well.
What I'm saying is my engine is only built for 700whp, which a Ti is plenty good for. It'd cost me WAY more to get a YSI, it'd just be a waste of money because I don't need it and can't even take advantage of a blower that big.

·
Registered
2,528 Posts
If I’m looking to upgrade, I’d just bite the bullet and to a ysi, it’s a bad bitch. You can go back and forth about upgrading your si to maybe do what you want, or get a ysi which will surely meet your goal.

a ti can make over 1000 wheel hp. its not a step from the si. its a leap.
I’ve never heard of a ti making that kind of power. Least not in a mustang.

·
Registered
200 Posts
From what Im reading, you currently have a V3 self contained, which does not have the HD gearbox of the V1 and V2. To my knowledge Vortech does not provide / recommend the ti on the V3 gearbox. If you moved to a V1 or V2 head unit would need to add oil feed and return lines.

Reactions: 96pushrod

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
From what Im reading, you currently have a V3 self contained, which does not have the HD gearbox of the V1 and V2. To my knowledge Vortech does not provide / recommend the ti on the V3 gearbox. If you moved to a V1 or V2 head unit would need to add oil feed and return lines.
The V1 is the only "HD" gear box. The V2 is still standard duty, but has oil lines. Officially it's also rated at 52k max impeller speed just like the V3 self contained.

why wouldn't he?
The Ti is good for 800whp no problem. I don't see any need or point in spending $3k for a head unit I can't make use of when it'll only cost me $1200 to upgrade mine to a Ti and have more than what I need already.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
if you think a ysi would suit his combination efficiently, well then it really isnt worth the effort to make that argument with you
who's arguing? ysi and pulley accordingly. but go ahead and try to make an argument. Doesn't bother me. I could care less. you must be the one and only supercharger god.

op do whatever the internet tells you to do. Everyone has the money to do it right the second time. And that's an undisputable fact.

Sell the v3si. if the price is good maybe ill buy it. take that money and the 1200, put the rest on a cc and enjoy.
pm me if you want to sell the v3si

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
i dont need to prove anything. im not going to do the work for you.
you're spitting out facts without anything to back it up. Your statement holds no weight. give me an example, dyno sheet, video, Easter basket, anything that supports your statement. I think you got nada.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
The V1 is the only "HD" gear box. The V2 is still standard duty, but has oil lines. Officially it's also rated at 52k max impeller speed just like the V3 self contained.

The Ti is good for 800whp no problem. I don't see any need or point in spending $3k for a head unit I can't make use of when it'll only cost me $1200 to upgrade mine to a Ti and have more than what I need already.
For a $1200 difference I'd make the jump too, in fact reading this post tempts me.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts