Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
That sounds like the right move. There really isn't a HUGE difference between those two blowers. Slap the 3.15 on and find a 3.33 just in case.

Reactions: kjb302ho

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
Figuring out specific boost levels is hard to do as every engine is different. The other thing you could do is look on vortech’s site compressor maps. There you could see your current output vs a ti rpm wise.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
There are a few companies that make billet impellers. I've thought about switching my Si to one but I just haven't seen enough data that is compelling me to do so. A simple before/after data log would be awesome to see Intake temps and boost differences.

·
Registered
8,343 Posts
The V1 is the only "HD" gear box. The V2 is still standard duty, but has oil lines. Officially it's also rated at 52k max impeller speed just like the V3 self contained.

The Ti is good for 800whp no problem. I don't see any need or point in spending $3k for a head unit I can't make use of when it'll only cost me $1200 to upgrade mine to a Ti and have more than what I need already.
For a $1200 difference I'd make the jump too, in fact reading this post tempts me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts