Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
2.95 and an 8"

ti takes off in 52000+
7'' crank and shift about 6700. I have a self contained V3 so it's supposed to be limited to 52k, but I'm turning it 56k just to get to 15lb. I'm not even over 600whp, let alone anywhere near 750. Now, I am on pump gas with 10.25:1 compression, so the timing is backed way off in the tune. I know there's going to be big gains just going to E85, but I would like to run a couple more pounds too and I'm already overspinning so I really can't go to a smaller pulley on the Si. There's a company that upgrades your Si to a billet wheel Ti with a full rebuild for a reasonable price, about $1200. If I can get back to a 3.15 pulley, that'll get me down to 53.5k impeller speed and hopefully still be running more boost too. That's what I'm looking for anyway.
what company? i would be interested in something like that.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
I have the V3 self contained unit. And actually the whole reason I'm looking to do this upgrade is because the seal blew out in it after turning 56k a few to many times I guess.

I was looking at the JB performance Si wheel that supposedly flows 1300cfm over the stock 1150, but I'm sure billet wheel from supercharger rebuilds flows more than stock too so going to a Ti and billet should still be 1500+. I'm not going to risk spending $900ish to rebuild with a billet Si wheel and it not get me enough flow to get the boost I want while spinning the unit slower, so I'm going all out lol.

There's a HUGE difference in spinning 6000rpm vs 6700rpm. With an 8'' crank and 3.33 pulley, at 6k your impeller speed is 52k but at 6700rpm your impeller speed would be 58k. I already blew my shaft seal at 56k on the V3. My problem is I'm spinning to fast, I don't need an 8'' crank pulley I need a charger that flows more so I don't have to spin it as fast to make the same or more boost.
unfortunately I think you're going to need a different head unit. si is still an si.
ysi or procharger.

or get bigger pulleys and use nos.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
Well that's kind of the point of the post, I'm upgrading to a Ti. I shouldn't need a YSI, my long block build is only good for about 700whp anyway (boss 302 rods).
upgrading from an si to a ti is a step. an si to a ysi is a big jump. if i was in your shoes, id sell the si and go straight to the ysi. im considering this as well.

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
if you think a ysi would suit his combination efficiently, well then it really isnt worth the effort to make that argument with you
who's arguing? ysi and pulley accordingly. but go ahead and try to make an argument. Doesn't bother me. I could care less. you must be the one and only supercharger god.

op do whatever the internet tells you to do. Everyone has the money to do it right the second time. And that's an undisputable fact.

Sell the v3si. if the price is good maybe ill buy it. take that money and the 1200, put the rest on a cc and enjoy.
pm me if you want to sell the v3si

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
i dont need to prove anything. im not going to do the work for you.
you're spitting out facts without anything to back it up. Your statement holds no weight. give me an example, dyno sheet, video, Easter basket, anything that supports your statement. I think you got nada.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts