Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey doing weight reductions on a 93 gt. Making it into a drag car. Fog lights might as well come out if I never use them right. And by the way what else besides plastic seats, smog pump, aluminum driveshaft, ac stuff, sway bar, no rear seats, no spare and jack, and taylor batt. relocation kit. to make my car lighter and have a better weight transfer.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Why not just leave them in? My .02 cents is theres only so much you can do to reduce weight. Whats next? Why not take out all the windows , seats , whole interior and just have a motor and trans inside a body? Its all up to you , but personally I like the stock look , although my car is not fast and hasnt been raced yet.:)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah your right

I want to do many weight reductions, but still make it look nice so yeah you have a point.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
Te fog lights don't eigh much, but the bracket that holds them is like 50 pounds and pretty big.

Maybe you an ditch the bracket and make custom lightweight brackets for the fogs.

I never liked the look of GT's without fogs. It looks so blatent that something is missing...almost lie driving with no headlight in.

Ditching weight is nice...but not to sacrifice looks

·
Registered
746 Posts
If it's not a street car, ditch everything you can! If you want to keep the lights in place for looks only, then ditch everything that goes to them and just mount the stripped housings in the fog light openings for looks only.

General rule of thumb is for every 100 pounds of weight your remove, your ET drops by a tenth. Foglights might not weigh anywhere near 100 pounds, but combined with a few other things, it could put you close to that mark!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
If you're gonna drive it on the street, leave them in, becuase like the others said, it looks better. If it's track only, ditch 'em. For a few more lightweight ideas, go for a fiberglass hatch and hood. Those should save you quite a bit. Later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts