Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've been debating this for a while.... would it be worth the money to swith from my mac shorties and regular h pipe to a set of mac longtubes with prochamber h pipe.. what sort of power would we be talking and what sort of times???

·
Registered
252 Posts
Yep, 1 and 5/8" primary long tubes are a good way to go. I can't say that would choose MAC though. I think BBK's may hold up better. Just my $.02

·
Registered
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bump:joy:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Well, I'm probably going to be the only one to say this but in my opinion, no. I put longtubes on a blower combo LX I had, I didn't really gain enough hp to justify the swap, not to mention the cash outlay. I actully just took a set of 1 5/8 off a 93 Cobra I bought to return to the shorties. While you will get a slight increase in hp and torque, they are a major pain in the ass......I seriously hate messing with them. I'm in the process of building a stroker and putting my NOVI on it, and it may sound crazy, but I'll be putting shorties on this combo also....possibly a set of 1 3/4 from Bassini. Just one mans opinion!:)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm with Buddha on this one. Blown motors seem to like a shorty style header, Primary dia depends on CID, and intended use, and a 3" collector. Tests I've seen seem to favor an X type crossover as opposed to the typical H crossover.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Longtubes are a PITA In general, Its not worth the extra HP you get with them, When I get to the point that longtubes or shorties make a diff. I will just get a 50 shot of nitrous :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts