Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right now I have 1 5/8 headers, 2.5 Xpipe, 2.5 flowmasters.
It is a 302 with a fresh rebuild. This is what I am adding this next week when my heads come back from the machine shop.

Stage 2 Canfields
Systemax intake
1 3/4 headers
fti cam (lift in the .560 range, duration in the mid to high 220's)
Was running 150hp nitrous, but may add a little more.

I will have to get a new Xpipe anyways because I had to rig my other one to fit my other headers. (They sucked) Should I do 3" exhaust or just get 2.5 again. If I do 2.5 it would save me on mufflers but I could use these for my other car so it is not that big of a deal.

I know that there is a rule on the exhaust and what size to use but not sure what it is and not really sure what kind of power I will be making. I kind of hope for about 300 rwhp N/A. But not really sure.

Thanks Corral
Travis

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
3" would definitely be total overkill for your combo. In fact, it would probably end up hurting you (loss of bottom end). 2 1/2" will take you very far. I'm still running 2 1/2" and am in the 10's, and several friends are deeper into the 10's with 2 1/2"

Save your $$$ and stay 2 1/2".

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds good thanks. I will stay 2.5"

PS You think 300rwhp is too much to ask out of my combo?

Thanks for your help
Travis

·
Corral Charter Member
4,633 Posts
novi2k said:
Sounds good thanks. I will stay 2.5"

PS You think 300rwhp is too much to ask out of my combo?

Thanks for your help
Travis
Hey, they're just opinions, and you know what they say about opinions...

:)

I made 246 to the rear wheels with Edelbrock heads, and Cobra intake, and an AFM B3 blower cam, through an AOD, so I'd say you should be right around 300 rwhp if you're running a stick.

Good luck...

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I am running a stick. I was kind of thinking 2.5 anyways. Thanks for all your help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts