Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's $134 just to have it cut and $110 for a whole kit with the bearings????

·
Registered
3,371 Posts
:eek: 134.00 to have it cut? I would shop around. Several places in my area do it for 60.00.

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
When I rebuilt the 93 roller I had (mild), I also needed a crank. Since you will have to have teh crank cut, you'll need bearings, right?

The crank kit I bought was a .010/.010 crank, main and rod bearings, and a rear main seal. $125 with old crank. Add up how much to do this separate. You decide.

BTW, don't forget the pilot bearing/bushing.

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Somebody told me that if you get the kit..you coiuld end up with a welded crank...that is supposely no good

·
Registered
50 Posts
From my experiences I would say to have your crank turned, you know what you are dealing with and you can choose a quality person to do it. Purchasing the crank kit is the same thing turning your own, they are just turning someone elses core and doing an exchange program. There is a chance, like someone said before, it was welded or something. I took my crank to a machine shop and paid around 60 bucks to have it turned .10 .10, rod and main. I think it is better to know what you are dealing with, shop around. They will warranty a bad one I'm sure, but who wants to finish a motor and have a problems with the crank?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You should at least have the crank checked before you make that choice.Check the sixe of the journals to see how far out of spec it is and if it's been cut before.There's always a slim possibility that it can't be turned safely.Just a thought from my house to yours.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Where do you buy the kit from?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.