Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a little extra money and i am deciding if i should buy it or not. The motor will be coming out soon so i figure then would be the time. I really dont want to do the coilovers and A-arms though, just the k member itself, and i would like to use the springs i have on my car. How much weight will this save for me? The car is a vert i need all the help i can get. I have MAC springs on the car also, will the k member work with these? Also will the k member make it easier to get at the headers?

·
Registered
7,628 Posts
I just finished the install and I have one word ----- YES!

How much will you save you ask?

Stock K = 58 lbs
AJE K (I have mild steel) = 24 lbs.

If you want to save some weight, there ya go the research is done for you. I also did the "A" arms as well but don't know how much weight difference they are honestly..... I suspect a lot considering the stock stuff is heavy as iron :)

Good luck deciding!
Tim

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
When I talked to Anthony at AJE, he said that there wasn't much weight savings with the A-arms. He said a couple pounds, but nothing spectacular. The stock K weighs 58lbs and the AJE with added braces for road racing runs about 25-26lbs. Order it with spring perches and motor mounts.

I would order it through Craig @ Modern Performance NW. Not only is he an advertiser here on the corral, but he should be cheaper than AJE direct. Plus, he is a great guy. Bought some MM c/c plates from him last week.

The big weight savings will be from the K-member and the coil-overs. The stock style springs are HEAVY. Everything you have will bolt right up to the AJE k-member... no problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts