Ford Mustang Forums banner

should i get a tune or a btm?

498 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  50_Dave 
#1 ·
The stock program i have on my 97 cobra from vortech works fine durring normal weather (70 degrees) however when the air dropped to like 35 to 40, i was seing 11 pounds of boost and pinging.

Should i get an aftermarket burn/tune on the chip or would getting a btm be a better idea?

#3 ·
I know what you think already crackhead via aim. I am thinking if the tune is fine durring normal weather, that maybe i should get a btm for the cold weather. I would hate to get a tune that would not be able to deal with more boost from cold weather.

#4 ·
Get a tune, not a BTM. Do a switched chip....autologic. One for really conservative, one for race, and a really, really conservative in case you get a bad tank of gas or something.

#5 ·
get the tune, BTM's are known to be very unreliable. who is tuning it?

Scott

#6 ·
i will probaly take it to lamotta's performance in longwood or lugo's in apoka, florida.

#8 ·
The Diablosport Chips are a 3 way chip but you can only have 2 custom Programs..The middle position of the switch, turns the chip OFF and you can use the Stock EEC program..Only 2 Programs can be burned to the Diablosports..

Jeff

#10 ·
how are things going for you erica?

Sorry the fuelslult site has been out of whack do to domain name problems, but hope to see you posting there soon again. In any case, i may be heading over to lugo's for diablo dyno day on the 28th.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.