Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I was disappointed by the Pro-chamber sound on my car.

It sounded really good as you did a WOT blast but other than that it made the exhaust sound sloppy.

I'm much happier with my x-pipe. The x-pipe + Borlas has been my favorite sound but I'm trying to get used to my x-pipe + Ultraflows sound that my car makes right now.

Shawn

·
Registered
906 Posts
I'd have to disagree about the sloppy exhaust tone. Mine sounds so clear and racey. I even had an SS owner complement me on the sound when we were fooling around. It's really quiet at idle. I can barley hear it at idle. I did the pro-chamber just for the different sound. Every stang I hear has an off-road h-pipe.

My 2 cents

Jake

·
Registered
579 Posts
No kidding (about the H-pipe part). I am currently running a ProChamber on the stock shorties and I don't think it sounds sloppy at all. Perhaps it was your choice of mufflers that made it sound sloppy, Shawn.

I'm now switching to longtubes and another ProChamber, and after talking to Jake I am really looking forward to the sound and power difference.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I agree the pro-chamber is the best sounding h or x-pipe available today. I have had 2 others before the one on my car now and i love it. Unlike bullet stang, mine is not quiet at idle it's very loud, deep, and sounds great at idle and WOT. Just my 2 cents!

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
hmm that's weird i had longtubes with the pro-chamber on my 89GT and it was louder than my 95 is at idle. Are you running tailpipes or what?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Just my opinion guys

Imyourzero said:
No kidding (about the H-pipe part). I am currently running a ProChamber on the stock shorties and I don't think it sounds sloppy at all. Perhaps it was your choice of mufflers that made it sound sloppy, Shawn.

I'm now switching to longtubes and another ProChamber, and after talking to Jake I am really looking forward to the sound and power difference.
You may be right. I had Mac long tubes, pro-chamber mid-pipe (2 1/2") and a Mac 3" Cat back.

The sound when free revving in neutral could best be described as 'Old Chevy truck with Glasspacks'.

Under load the exhaust sounded sweet.

I got tons of compliments on the sound as well as people asking what kinda exhaust it was because it sounded so different.

IMO, it sounded like crap.

I Put the X-pipe and the Borlas on at the same time and just loved the sound. Even with dumps it was quiet. I loved the low tone my car made with the Borlas.

Now I have Ultraflows with tailpipes (have to smog it this year) and it is now louder than my dumped Borlas were and the x-pipe sound is much more pronounced. :confused: .

Anyways - I'm sure it is just a matter of preference. To me, the Pro-Chamber sounded kinda like an X under load and revving out and other than that sounded sloppy (like a car without an exhaust crossover). My car also droned almost as bad as a car with shorties headers and an off-road pipe.

If you like the sound, go for it.

Shawn

·
Registered
579 Posts
Re: Just my opinion guys

Shawn95GTRag said:
My car also droned almost as bad as a car with shorties headers and an off-road pipe.
I'll be honest...the ONLY thing I don't like about my current setup is the drone. As usual, 2,000-2,200 RPM is where it's the worst. I'm hoping when I get the longtubes on, the drone will be reduced (that is what I was told). If not, I may switch to Spintech mufflers. I have talked to several people that run them, and they supposedly DO NOT DRONE.

Part of the problem is that I'm currently running 2-chamber Flows, which are notorious for their drone. I am really just keeping them on the car because I am satisfied with the loudness and the tone, but I think it may be time to try something different soon...

·
Registered
906 Posts
Stangman306 said:
hmm that's weird i had longtubes with the pro-chamber on my 89GT and it was louder than my 95 is at idle. Are you running tailpipes or what?
No, I'm not using tailpipes right now.

Shawn95GTRag- I don't know if it's your 3" catback or what but mine sounds great in neutral and under load. Everyone has different tastes though. I revved it up in the parking lot for a friend and he said it sounded like an indy car. Real clear racey tone.

Imyourzero- I'm running a MAC cat-back so it might be different, but I have zero drone. The only time I can the exhaust seems a little loud is when I pass between two buildings and it echos. It's very quiet at cruise.

Jake

·
Registered
811 Posts
I love my prochamber. It gives my car somewhat of a different sound. My car is quite at idle, too. I had a Fox with an h-pipe and flows and boy, did that sucker drone. I think the H's are more susceptible to the dreaded drone.
Just my .02

1 - 11 of 11 Posts