Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a used clutch with about 20k miles on it for about $60. That is clutch, Pressure plate and throwout bearing. It is a King Cobra and I have already decided I want that kind for my next clutch job. I can get a new one for around $200.

Money is an issue, but so is making the best choice. Is buying a used clutch an option, or is it something that you guys just wouldn't do?

Thanks for any advice,

Clint

·
Registered
337 Posts
I see them for sale on eBay all the time, so there must be a market for them. I, however, would feel better buying new parts instead of using someone's used, unwanted, discarded, possibly defective parts that have ben dropped, oil soaked, prybarred, hammered, or g-d knows what else. Hey, but that's my $.02 worth.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Like said above, you take a chance, is it worth pulling the trans 2 times in one week?
When I did my T5 swap I used the clywheel, clutch, PP ect ect out of a stang with 20K on the clock and luckyly had not issues.
You'll probably will be ok.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
If it was me.....I'd get a new SPEC Stage 1, for $190. I wouldn't want to take the chance of having to do the install over again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts