Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UPDATE: should i be pissed off?

Okay I just went to pick up my car from the shop. They were supposed to install my new clutch and cut and weld my Magnaflow X w/ cats to fit my new Hooker LT's. The reason I bought the Hooker LTs is because you are supposed to be able to drop the tranny without removing them. Well, he told me they had to remove them to get the tranny off. Sucks that I just spent 2 days putting the LT's on to find out they had to redo it, plus I'm sure that is going to push the clutch install well over the $300 mark. Second, he cut the cats off my X-pipe to make it fit. I just paid $415 for that damn pipe just so I would have cats. Lookiing at it, i guess there may not really have been room for the cats, but I'm pissed that I just basically threw money away. I could have sold the magnaflow x-pipe (it was only about 2 months old) and bought an o/r pipe. now I have to buy MILs too. I'm going back to pick the car up in an hour.
Live and learn I guess. I'm not anxious to see this bill. At least with no cats my car is going to be even faster than I had planned. 12's here I come.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Loud, Loud, LOUD. Trust me :D

Lon

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'd say tell everyone you know to be real careful about taking their car there. Did the guys at the shop just go ahead and cut up you pipes without asking your permission first? Thats ridiculous.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: went and picked it up...turns out they didn't have to remove the headers after all, they just had a tough time with the starter. So clutch install was $300 dollars...about what I expected..that was the quote I got from 3 other places. The exhaust work was $100 dollars and he did give me back the cats, so I can get them welded in if I want to later. The exhaust sounds great...its what I've been wanting..nice deep bass at idle and screaming at WOT. There is a little rattle so I'll be taking ti back in to have it looked at. The clutch needs a little adjusting, but it feels great...catches smooth. In fact the car feels so great that I got pulled over 10 minutes after I picjed it up. Apparently 3 different cops VISUALLY estimated(my V1 never chirped, so save that pic for later Hank) my speed at over 60mph in a 35 and the third saw me weaving in and out of traffic. Got a ticket for careless driving, but the cop turned out to be a friend of mine from high school. didn't recognize him till after the ticket was written, but he said he'd help me out in court. So thats the update. I'm taking it back to the dyno next week to see what gains I got and then to the track in two weeks after I break in the clutch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts