Ford Mustang Forums banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
back in the day i had a 1994 mustang that i first ran with a 200 shot... the factory hypers took the abuse.. then i got a good deal on an S trim supercharger.. worked like a champ at around 12 psi...
i then went to a gt40 p headed / intake combo... shorty headers... used the same S trim.. and boy oh boy was it quick.. or so i thought.. haha... i swapped to a tremec 3550 and honestly wasnt much faster than the stock setup with s trim ... but it spun the tires so much more...

then one day i got a deal on a whole lot of parts... trickflow intake.. trickflow heads.. 1 3/4 longtubes.. C4 transmission.. etc etc.. well when i went to put it on, i noticed a cracked ring land.... not horrible but pistons had to be replaced.. so i found a used set of forged foxbody pistons... slapped them in the motor with a crank kit from autozone... and buttoned it all together... on drag radials it was a low 10 second car... couldnt really tune it to it's full potential because the 42lb injectors were maxed out... but boy was it a fun car... i sold it to a guy and told him how to treat it... he didnt listen and blew it up the first weekend he owned it... snapped the crank on the first journal...
If you knew my luck; you'd understand why my experiences defy all logic. Guys are out there beating the heck out of these things with great luck and I'm out there breaking things. Lol.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you knew my luck; you'd understand why my experiences defy all logic. Guys are out there beating the heck out of these things with great luck and I'm out there breaking things. Lol.
oh i know how that luck goes... my machine shop guy... engine builder... boss... tells me daily how much i could **** up a ball bearing with a rubber hammer... lol of course he is the one who has to fix my motors after the explosion...

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
back in the day i had a 1994 mustang that i first ran with a 200 shot... the factory hypers took the abuse.. then i got a good deal on an S trim supercharger.. worked like a champ at around 12 psi...
i then went to a gt40 p headed / intake combo... shorty headers... used the same S trim.. and boy oh boy was it quick.. or so i thought.. haha... i swapped to a tremec 3550 and honestly wasnt much faster than the stock setup with s trim ... but it spun the tires so much more...

then one day i got a deal on a whole lot of parts... trickflow intake.. trickflow heads.. 1 3/4 longtubes.. C4 transmission.. etc etc.. well when i went to put it on, i noticed a cracked ring land.... not horrible but pistons had to be replaced.. so i found a used set of forged foxbody pistons... slapped them in the motor with a crank kit from autozone... and buttoned it all together... on drag radials it was a low 10 second car... couldnt really tune it to it's full potential because the 42lb injectors were maxed out... but boy was it a fun car... i sold it to a guy and told him how to treat it... he didnt listen and blew it up the first weekend he owned it... snapped the crank on the first journal...
As someone who broke a crank at the first journal... That's a lot of damage. Destroyed the block timing cover water pump, balancer and oil pan... I couldn't imagine buying a car and blowing it up a couple days later lol

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I think we need a support group.
What the heck are we thinking when we drop dollar after dollar in our hot rods? It's insanity I tell ya!

·
Registered
990 Posts
As someone who broke a crank at the first journal... That's a lot of damage. Destroyed the block timing cover water pump, balancer and oil pan... I couldn't imagine buying a car and blowing it up a couple days later lol
i told him the exact procedure for making passes... he on the other hand went out and did burnout after burnout and donuts and generally acting like an idiot with a HOT tuneup in it... car got too hot.. detnotated.. and scattered everywhere..

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
I want to thank everyone for their kind offers and assistance. Mark is getting me taken care of so I now move on to the next chapter. Weeeeeeeee!!!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Awesome. Now are there any other parts you need that are hard to find?
I don't know. I left a PM with Mark about parts availability.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I had no idea that the stock blocks were getting so tough to find, I have at least three, including one 1985 short block that has never been disassembled that someone gave to me years ago.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
I want to thank everyone for their kind offers and assistance. Mark is getting me taken care of so I now move on to the next chapter. Weeeeeeeee!!!
I'm glad you found a solution, and this thread made it faster than to keep hunting alone. I'm in TN so you wouldn't have wanted to ship a stock HO from here. My friend still has a 90 Mark VII 302 with about 90k or so on it, car was wrecked head on. My 92 I recently decided to use for my SUV to replace the 227k oil burner until I get Woody to build me a 337 for it. The HO's are scarce now, stock and usable that is. My 92 had 53k because past owners did nothing with it and I haven't made the time to replace several must have old or worn parts.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I'm glad you found a solution, and this thread made it faster than to keep hunting alone.
Thanks and I'm glad I posted here. Sometimes you just have to reach out to the community for assistance. It's nice to know that folks are willing to help.

Reactions: barney65
81 - 97 of 97 Posts