Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A search on this turned up very little, so here I go...

Setup:
1995 GT convertible.
Full-Length SFC's
FRPP STB
MM CC Plates (to install)
Eibach Pro Kit springs (planned)
LCA's (Global west? - Possibly in the future)

Usage
Sunday driver, 98% street. Maybe dragstrip once/twice a year, same for a track day here or there. Nothing competitive, just for fun. I am not trying to turn this into a race-car, I'm simply looking for the improved handling without sacrificing too much ride comfort. I still want to enjoy driving the car. I enjoy tight cornering, but don't want a harsh ride. (Do they have to be mutually exclusive?)

I'm considering the following:

Tokico Illuminas (5-way adjustables)
Tokico D-Spec ("Infinitely" adjustable)
Bilstein HD (non-adjustable)

I would appreciate comments and opinions as to the best selection for my intended purpose, and explanations of why they might be the best choice.

Additional considerations toward my goal are welcome, as well.

All input will be appreciated. Thanks.

Andy

·
Registered
172 Posts
I just bought Bilstein HDs, and love em. If you plan on keeping the car for a long time, get the Bilsteins.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
ForcedAir91GT said:
Strange adjustables. Great deal for the money in my op.
X2 (10 way adjustables and a great unit...my next mod)

·
Registered
382 Posts
I have the tokico 5 ways with my eibach prokit and really like them. My ride is better with my shocks set on 3 then it was before with the stock shocks and it was not lowered.

·
Registered
12,519 Posts
Tokico 5 ways here as well - very nice...

Very well written post, BTW. Most people won't list their current setup/mods or plans for the car, then you have to beat them with a stick to get them to tell.

·
Corral Day Kittah
16,060 Posts
93Cobra#2771 said:
Very well written post, BTW. Most people won't list their current setup/mods or plans for the car, then you have to beat them with a stick to get them to tell.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm sure there are many that feel the same way.

/which mufflers are the best? :lol:

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I have Bilsteins - I think they are great - cornering is a whole new experience! Why did I pick them? I never heard anything bad about them, and I think they have one of the top reputations in the business. I tend to spend a little more to get what I really want, rather than try to save a few bucks and not get what I really wanted if that makes sense. Nothing wrong with the other stuff, I just wanted the Bilsteins for a 331 daily driver with a few rips down the drag strip. I decided I didn't want to be adjusting them etc etc so I didn't bother with the adjustables.

·
Premium Member
3,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input so far. I think it's down to choosing between the Illuminas and the Bilsteins, as it seems that either would serve my purposes well. Will have to look at the Strange units, though, first, too. Sounds like I almost can't go wrong with any of my choices, it's just a matter of how much $$$ I want to spend, and do I want to be able to (or have to) fiddle with adjustment.

As for my detailed post, it falls back to the old adage: "Garbage in, garbage out!" I see a lot of posts, too, where somebody says "What's the best xxxxx?" Well, gee, what do you have now, what do you plan to add later, and how will you use it???? :confused: Thanks for the kudo's.

Keep the comments comin'!

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts