Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you guys installed a shiftlight for a 1999-2002 Mustang GT? I want to install one on my 2002 GT. I did a search for it on the Modular forum but found nothing I was interested in. Please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Authorized corral.net Advertiser
2,829 Posts
I have one on my cobra which is similar. You need to either get the Autometer tach adapter or the Pony Express Performance adapter(which is the one I have) Then I just bought the Autometer shift light and RPM activated switch. The guy from PEP is on this board so he might be able to talk to you about his product more than I could. Hope this helps you out!

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Do you have a pic of of your shift light, I want one of those skinny shift lights. How much did you pay for it. I'm about to order a tach adapter soon.

·
Registered
84 Posts
you can do this with MSD's tach adapter. However, it needs to be reprogrammed to run on 1 cylinder. call summit and order it from them but have them talk to MSD and get it drop shipped directly to you after its modified. modification cost me 15 bucks.

then you hook it into any of the 8 signal wires, attach a light and you are set to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts