Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Autometer mini shift light and the Autometer RPM Activated Module (5310), is this all I need to install the shift light? Do I need another, or a different adapter to make it work on a '99 GT? Also where do I hook up the all the wires? I don't know alot about the electrical system but I can follow instructions well. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do I still use the RPM Activated module to trigger the shiftlight? The tach adapter doesn't have the rpm pills to trigger the light at the right RPM? The Module that I have has the same basic wires as the one on the link.

·
Registered
72 Posts
FRPP also makes one. I got one from www.parkwayfordga.com for about the same price. It installs in the engine bay. Both FRPP and PEP do the same thing just from different locations.

RED01GT

·
Registered
642 Posts
TheBlackPony said:
Do I still use the RPM Activated module to trigger the shiftlight? The tach adapter doesn't have the rpm pills to trigger the light at the right RPM? The Module that I have has the same basic wires as the one on the link.
If you want to use a shift light on a 1999+ Mustang, and your current shift light doesn't have a built in RPM switch or pills,

You need:

99+ Tach Adapter
RPM Switch
Shift light

If your shift light takes pills or has a built in rpm switch,

You need:

99+ Tach Adapter
Shift light

·
Registered
642 Posts
The input to the autometer RPM module would wire to the green wire on the output of the Tach Adapt. You would also have to wire power and ground to the autometer unit, and the output of the autometer unit to your shift light, nitrous, tach, etc...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts