Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 95 GT AODE and am considering installing a shift kit. I have some minor mods (o/r h-pipe, MAC CAI, March Pullies, 2 Chamber Flows) and was wondering how much of a difference a shift kit will make? Also wondering if any of you have had any kind of trouble with your trans after installing one?

·
Registered
476 Posts
It makes a BIG difference in the way the car behaves. I couldn't live without it now!:) However, the trans needs to be in good shape or it will go down hill really fast (it took mine a full month to crap out:( ). Also, it may cost more but it would probably be easier and more reliable to buy an aftermarket valve body to install like one from Peformance Automatic or Lentech.
Either way you go it is really enjoyable to about give yourself whiplash and bark the tires on the 1-2 upshift:evil:

·
Registered
9 Posts
AODE

I am considering a shift kit myself. How can you tell if your trans. can handle it?

·
Registered
476 Posts
It can be pretty hard to tell if your tranny is healthy, but one of the tell-tale signs that I "should have paid attention to:eek: " was when I couldn't feel it downshift out of OD when coming to a stop. If there is anything that I learned it is that if there is any debris( chunks of sprag,clutches,etc) in the pan you should under no circumstances go ahead with the install. Good luck:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.