Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used these lifters or equiviants?

I'm going to be running a cam with very high ramp rates and I'm worried about premature valve float. To cure this I need to run a valve spring with lots of seat pressure. I dont want to be colapsing lifters all the time either.

Here is a link to the lifters incase anyone wants to check them out. (scroll down to the bottom of the page)
http://www.wolfperformance.com/products.html

·
Registered
469 Posts
If you are considering purchasing a set from Ed Hohenberg, email him. He was quick to answer questions I had about the TwEECer which I eventually purchased from him. As you know, he has had alot of success on the strip and has even made a few informative posts here on the Corral. He will tell you whether or not these lifters are right for you.

Oscar

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm in the same boat. The Sherman lifters are, what, $200? I'm thinking about ponying up another $200 and just get the Crane linked lifters.

I talked to a Crane rep and he said that the Crane linked hydraulic lifters are NOT much lighter than stockers. Anyone ever check the weight of both lifters?

I wonder if the linked lifters will work in my '94 block?

·
Registered
925 Posts
The best person to ask is your engine builder or cam grinder. Steep ramps alone won't necessarily dictate a spring too heavy for the stock lifters, BUT if you couple it with high rpm, then you may need to upgrade.

I would replace 115000 mile stockers if nothing else, even if you find out that the stock type are ok.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts